WOMEN IN SYNODALITY
Giovedì 16 Dicembre 2021
Thursday, December 16, 2021
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Rome
Location: Villa Malta (Rome) – La Civiltà Cattolica, Via di Porta Pinciana 1
This panel discussion featured religious and lay women who are involved in the organizational and guiding processes for the Catholic Church’s Synod on Synodality, which will conclude in 2023. Synod of Bishops Undersecretary Sr. Nathalie Becquart, XMCJ, will speak alongside Dr. Myriam Wijlens; Sr. Patricia Murray, IBVM; Sr. Beatrice Faye, CIC; and Ms. Susan Pascoe, A.M., who talked about their roles and contributions and shared their experience to date. Australian Ambassador to the Holy See Chiara Porro moderated a Q&A discussion with the panelists. Rev. Antonio Spadaro, S.J., offered an introduction, and Dr. Debora Tonelli offered the final remarks.
This event was co-sponsored by the Australian Embassy to the Holy See, La Civiltà Cattolica, and Georgetown University. It was conducted in English in-person and online.
- Sr. Nathalie Becquart, XMCJ, undersecretary to the Synod of Bishops.
- Dr. Myriam Wijlens consultor to the Synod of Bishops.
- Sr. Patricia Murray, IBVM, member of the spirituality commission of the Synod on Synodality.
- Sr. Béatrice Faye, CIC, member of the theological commission of the Synod on Synodality.
- Ms. Susan Pascoe, A.M., member of the methodology commission of the Synod on Synodality.
- Ambassador Chiara Porro, Australian ambassador to the Holy See.
- Rev. Antonio Spadaro, S.J., editor-in-chief of the Jesuit periodical La Civiltà Cattolica.
- Dr. Debora Tonelli, Georgetown representative in Rome.